Scope of work
Mom’s The Word
A hysterically funny and deeply touching play, it deals in shocking detail with all the important elements of childrearing; the good, the bad, and the ugly. Humourous, emotional, ecstatic and hysterical, Mom’s the Word is a chorus line of confessional anecdotes and vignettes combined to create the mother of all comedies. Without the rose-coloured lens treatment, Mom’s the Word is a hilarious, intimate look at motherhood.
Touching, vivid tales of giving birth to a premature baby are balanced against comic, ribald stories of diaper soup and sex after children. All six moms have two children, suffer from sleep deprivation, and have some of the most outrageous stories you’ve ever heard – all of them true. It is group therapy like never before.
Six women range in age from twenty-five to forty five and are as diverse in their opinions, and appearances and perspectives as one can possible imagine. The actors must pull off the illusion that they are not acting, but relating a true story about themselves. They must be comfortable with directly addressing the audience. A keen sense of comic timing is a must. Monologues for MTW Auditions can be found and downloaded here.
- Deborah is an edgy comedienne, she does not pull any punches with the bleakness of her stories. She has an infant and a two year old.
- Is a self-proclaimed bohemian who struggles with low self-esteem. She was in her thirties when her first child was born; she has a boy and a girl, twenty two months apart.
- Is practical, realistic, and down to earth. She has a dry sense of humour and takes no bullshit. She has a newborn and a two and a half year old.
- Relates the stories of her premature first born in a clear and unsentimental way. Her life’s experiences have in no way dampened her sense of humor. She has two children, a boy five, and a girl, two.
- Has the ability to commit 110% to both her quest to communicate and the ridiculous. She has two sons, aged two years and six months.
Please submit a self-recorded video of one of the five attached monologs. You are welcome to audition for more than one role.
Please title your files as: YOUNAME-CHARACTERSNAME
Director: Deborah Williams
First Rehearsal: Thursday March 24th 2022
Opening: Friday April 15th 2022
Closing: Wednesday May 4, 2022
Location: Theatre NorthWest, Prince George BC
Ethnocultural mandate or casting statement:
TNW Inclusive Casting: We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, the director will consider all submissions, without regard to age, disability, ethno-cultural identity, gender, or any other basis
Deadline for Submission:
Send submission directly to:
Note: Please make sure to fill out the forms within this audition package
Any questions can be sent to: email@example.com
Actor Information Form:
City and Province You reside:
If you have an agent:
(If you have an agent, please allow them to submit your audition package)